Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fusilli with zucchini and feta cheese

I found the original recipe in the Williams-Sonoma "Food Made Fast: Pasta" book. I didn't have goat cheese on hand, so I tried it with low fat feta. I loved the result and so did Kristian. He ate a whole bowlful, which is a definite success in my book.





Recipe:
- 2 small zucchini, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup fusilli pasta
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter) or olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp low fat feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste

While the pasta is boiling in the salted water, heat ghee over medium heat. Saute garlic for about 1 minute. Add zucchini, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 5-7 minutes, until softened. Then uncover and cook for 1 minute longer. Drain pasta, toss with zucchini mixture and crumbled feta, season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment